What is Family Discipleship?
Family discipleship is the family and the church cooperatively leading children to Christ through His Word. This is done through time studying and “along-the-way moments” we find ourselves in from day to day.
What does this look like in our community at Matthew Road?
- It looks like learning about truths in God’s Word together in small group study. We study the Bible as a whole story, emphasizing that it is one story of God’s redemption.
- It looks like taking time to study it line by line.
- It looks like teachers/leaders encouraging children with the Word of God in “along-the-way moments:” conflict with friends, hardship for the family, anxieties, fears, celebrations, etc.
What can this look like in your home?
- It can look like taking time to study God’s Word, memorizing scripture, and praying together around the table, before bed, etc. As a family you can thank God for His provisions and take your own concerns to Him.
- It is living out your faith in front of your children. They learn from how we live.
- It looks like taking advantage of those “along the way moments” that can lead to God discussions. For instance, the family is driving and notices a beautiful sunset. This can lead to the God discussion of how amazing our Creator is.